Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, I have been told that everyone is over my "obliterated ankle" and it is time to update my blog. So I thought that would be a perfect way to start off the New Year.

Seth was the only one to get invited to a New Year's party, he went over to his friend Clayton's house. Clayton is a great friend for Seth as they are both Aspies (have Aspergers). Aspergers manifests itself in totally different ways in the two, and they balance each other out nicely. Seth is impulsive and doesn't seem to ever think anything through. Clayton, however, is cautious and worries about every possible outcome!

Tyler never wants to stay up until midnight! His excuse is that he has to work the next day, but I think he needs to live it up one night of the year! I was tempted to call up a friend, whose husband is as equally exciting as mine, but stayed home instead.

So, we were watching a rerun of Extreme Home Maker Over, and we got enticed by a dominoes commercial around 8:00pm, advertising their new sandwiches! Yum! They deliver you know!

Then I got obsessed with the story of the Home Make Over family, and I spent some time surfing the web learning more info. Sad story. Being 14 weeks pregnant I was sitting on my computer with tears streaking my face!

Then we watched the party going on in New York, Seth had come home from his friends house and he wanted to stay up until the New Year. So I said sure! We watched the New Year roll into New York (10:00pm Arizona time) and we all yelled happy New Year, and I muttered "in New York" and then we sent the kids to bed! Seth looked a little confused, but it seemed to work.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Finally, a new post! Nice to hear news. Any news, and yes, I"m glad we've moved on from the ankle bit. Hopefully you won't still be wishing us a Happy New Year in May. :)

Jennie said...

Ok, Jen, a few major holidays have passed and still no post- May is coming. (see my previous comment) :)