Friday, June 26, 2009

Little Girls!

Morgan has started a new line, "You don't understand how I FEEL!"

I have to suppress my moan, and have to close my eyes so she doesn't see the eye roll! She is only five!! What is up with that? Isn't she a little young to be starting that??

What I really want to say to her is, "Well, you probably don't understand how YOU feel. I don't even understand how I feel! So suck it up, welcome to being a girl!"

Truly, I think I d0 understand how she feels. But what do I know? No matter how much I try tolisten and empathize, her stubbornness will not allow herself to soften(usually). All I can say is, "Maybe you are right, maybe I don't, but I am trying! Will you help me?"

Or I could simplify it by saying, "Welcome to girlhood, suck it up!"

argh

No comments: